Miss Wisconsin 2005

Follow Tracy Gest on her magical quest to become Miss America! This talented, beautiful young woman is working hard on her platform of Diabetes Awareness and hopes to see the cure in her lifetime. Help Tracy on her search for both of these dreams!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Trip to Wisconsin Dells

This morning started off great with an interview on Fox 6 News. I was able to relive some experiences from state week, as well as share my mission as Miss Wisconsin.

From the Milwaukee area, I traveled to Wisconsin Dells to the Wisconsin American Coed Pageant to be a guest performer and speaker. I was very proud of the young ladies today, as they all did a phenomenal job. I would like to wish each of them the best of luck as they compete for their National titles in November in Orlando, Florida.

While I was there, I was able to share my mission with them, as I embark on my new journey throughout the State and even sold quite a few of my CD's, "Keys to a Cure," while there. Today I encountered a young girl who only reassured me of what my mission is over this next year. Seven-year-old Abby is a type-one diabetic. After hearing some of her stories I am even more driven to continue my fight to find a cure for diabetes, so that Abby, in addition to the millions who suffer, will one day see a cure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home